Controller: Not-For-Profit Experience Required (NFP Controller)
Corefino serves as the finance and accounting department for a number of innovative companies in various industries in multiple states. Our customers receive the benefit of a highly-qualified accounting team managing their finance and accounting activities without taking on the cost of full-time employees.
As a rapidly-growing financial services outsourcing company, we are looking for that rarest of individuals, an entrepreneurial, energetic and capable Controller, to join as a manager on one or more of our accounting teams. You'll serve at the primary point of contact on finance issues for a small group of clients. You'll manage a team of people to meet the accounting and finance needs of your clients. You'll also be working closely with a highly experienced CAO that is also assigned to each client.
The Controller is responsible for the financial affairs of our clients and prepares financial analyses of operations, including financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management and boards. The Controller is responsible for the maintenance of the clients' fiscal records, preparation of financial reports and review and update of the clients' permanent corporate files. The position involves supervision over general accounting, fixed asset, internal controls, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of accounting technical knowledge. They must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and on a timely manner. Also, he/she must possess the ability to juggle different customers in different industries.
Specific Not-for-Profit Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or finance.
- CPA is preferred.
- At least four years of experience as controller or equivalent responsibility.
- Proficiency with multiple financial software packages, particularly Blackbaud and Intacct..
- Experience in process integration with other ERP and financial management tools.
- Proficiency in GAAP accounting and policy
- Experience in government regulatory requirements and filings.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and report development including financial performance analysis, forecasting and budget preparation.
- Information management and reconciliation including inventory, financial cycle and personnel
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Must be comfortable with web technologies and working in the 'virtual world'.
Corefino is seeking ambitious, bright, passionate, highly motivated individuals to enhance our experienced professional team. If you thrive in a fast paced high tech environment and embrace the opportunity to discover cutting edge accounting/finance technology, please join us. Please submit your resume and cover letter to with "NFP Controller" as subject heading.